1
Jul
2016
11224177_1167165276633990_4837057922866963591_n

The 3-Week Journey in the Faith of Abraham – Day 5

“Before the Law, the tithe of all…”

DAY 5 (Genesis 14)

“18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High. 19 And he blessed him and said: 20 ‘Blessed be Abram of God Most High, Possessor of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, Who has delivered your enemies into your hand.’ And he gave him a tithe of all.”

The very first time Tithe appears in the Bible is in Genesis 14:18-20 when Abraham gave his tithe to Melchizedeck, King of Salem – a tenth of all the spoil he acquired when he overcame his enemies and rescued his nephew Lot. Tithing is a very ancient practice kept by all those who feared God. Tithe is the first ten percent of all our income, which belongs to God.

It is also interesting to note that the last time the Bible mentions the tithe is right in its last book, in Revelation 14:4, when it refers to the redeemed as the “first fruits to God and to the Lamb.”

Tithe is recognition of God’s Lordship over all things. When someone gives his tithe, he is in fact recognizing that God is Lord, not only Lord of his life but also Lord of everything his life produces. The deepest meaning of tithe is that everything (100 percent) belongs to God. When we give Him the tithe (10 percent of everything), it is to release the remaining 90 percent for our use. In other words: everything belongs to God; we give Him 10 percent in order for us to have the privilege of using the other 90 percent.

I’m sure that some people after reading the above message may say:

” TITHING WAS A PART OF THE LAW OF MOSES; BELIEVERS ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW BUT UNDER THE GRACE, ETC, ETC…”

My question for you is this: Do you want to be one more Christian who has nothing to show for, who is being ridiculed by others because his life is the opposite of what is written in the Bible? As long as you look at others who have nothing positive to offer you, you will be one more frustrated believer!

Once again, LOOK TO ABRAHAM, do what Abraham did and you will have what Abraham had, the choice is yours!

“Therefore know that ONLY those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.” (Galatians 3:7)

 

This Sunday, we’ll take part of the Lord’s Supper of the children of Abraham & consecrate all the Tithers…

 

Every night at 10pm (Hong Kong), join our radio program as we’ll be making a prayer of agreement 

with all those who have embarked in this journey!

Click this link to connect: http://mixlr.com/uckg-hong-kong-official

Campaign of Israel at the Temple of Solomon – July 17

 

 

 

Leave a Reply