– It’s a choice. You can choose to stay stuck and hold on to anger; bitterness, resentment or you can choose to move forward by letting go.
– It does not mean you condone what a person did, in the opposite, you let go of the past because you want to be on a higher level than the one who’s hurt you.
– Helps your physical health by lowering blood pressure and stress.
– It means leaving our case in the hands of God.
“He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth.” When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 1Peter 2:22-23
– It goes against our natural instincts to get revenge or even the score, you will never feel like forgiving. Don’t wait for the moment you feel like doing it, it will never come. Use your head, do what is right and not what you feel like! Keep reading till the end…
“Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord. Therefore If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:19-21
– You need to forgive in order to be forgiven. How can you be saved without God’s forgiveness?
“And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:25-26
If it’s written that we should forgive, then we can do it! God will never tell us to do something that we are not able to do! He will help you to forgive, remember, with man it’s impossible but with God all things are possible.
Right now decide to forgive, say loud: I can do it! Keeping a grudge will only bring losses to your life, it’s not worth it, no matter what people have done to you, THINK, don’t go by what you feel, it hurts more to hold a grude than to forgive, trust me, I’ve been there…
Close your eyes, ask Jesus to give you strength, if you cry or think you can’t do it, don’t be afraid, He’s there with you. Mention the name of the person who has hurt you and say: “I forgive you!” Make a prayer for this person, ask God to bless him/her in everything and to save him/her. (If the person has already passed away, don’t pray for this person, only mention his/her name and say: “I forgive you”!)
I’ve determined that everyone who reads this post will be able to forgive, you are free!
God bless you! Keep your heart clean.
“Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.” Luke 17:4